The YÖS Examination is an entrance examination for foreign students wishing to study in higher education institutions in Turkey 
This examination was set and administered by the Student Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM) until 2010 when universities began conducting their own versions of the exam. The results of this exam apply only for students wishing to enrol in undergraduate programmes. Students presently enrolled in undergraduate programmes who seek a transfer, and also those who wish to follow postgraduate programmes should apply directly to the institutions of their choice.
The YÖS Examination is composed of two tests:
- The “Basic Learning Skills Test” assesses abstract reasoning. The questions have a minimal dependence on language, but explanations are given in Turkish and English. This section includes 80 questions It takes 90-135 minutes.
- The “Turkish Language Proficiency Test” assesses the applicant’s comprehension of written Turkish. The Turkish test takes 60 minutes. It is only used to decide whether a candidate who has been accepted into a programme conducted in Turkish can immediately commence that programme or not.
The candidates who will apply to Foreign Student Exam should be graduated from high school or equivalent schools or one year left to graduate.
Only foreign students may apply to the exam. KKTC citizens or students, one of dual citizenship of whom is T.R or KKTC cannot apply to YÖS.
Students to be admitted abroad are completely evaluated according to criteria detected by universities. You can find out all related application conditions from the official webpage of the universities.
- You should visit the websites of the universities to register.
- You need a valid e-mail address,
- You must complete the registration form and submit it. In this registration form, you must select the city in which you would like to take the exam and uploadthe necessary documents.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Once the confirmation has been received, you will be given an application number and your account at the university will be set up.
- You need to enter the link to activate your account and complete your application.
- Most of the time you can pay the exam fee by credit card, but you have an option to pay by bank wire. The wire confirmation must be upload in the system.
- You should receive the confirmation message from the system and track your status. Do not forget to check the date and place of the exam
- You should print your confirmation card or page and attend the exam.
Below you can find some respective universities previous exam and sample questions webpages
ILA TURKEY YOS Group Courses can be taken in Diamond, Golden, and Silver Class.